Tuesday, December 4, 2007

CVG Releases Full Roper Interview

Catalyst 27 here once again. Yes it’s true, it seems that little interview by CVG that was posted here yesterday was in fact, part of a much larger interview. In this extended interview they quiz Flagship Studios’ founder and CEO Bill Roper on everything from how he entered the games industry, right up to the release of Hellagte:London itself. While the interview is fairly standard there are some surprising answers, such as this little gem.

What would you pick out as your ‘best game I’ve ever played’ if you had to
choose one, and why pick that?

May favorite game of all time is Poker,
and specifically Texas Hold’em. I love all of the aspects of poker and I play
whenever I can find a good game.

To me, poker is perfect. It has a
limited number of pieces / game board, a simple basic rule set that can be
modified in hundreds of interesting ways, is a portable multiplayer experience,
and has an incredible risk-to-reward ratio. It’s also fun to watch and can be
equally enjoyable whether playing competitively or just for fun.

Who knew Bill was a big poker player? Enjoy the interview everyone while I go brush up on my card skills.

No comments: